Peter Rymshaw wrote:

>Thanks for the info. Since I come from Win, I guess
>I'll keep things simple with KDE...for now.

I just downloaded Ximian GNOME and it seems to be pretty easy to use.  I
don't like the term "user friendly," because that usually means limited
configuration. Ximian seems to be as simple or as complicated as you
want it to be. I took the option to download and install from the
internet and it took 9 hours, but the installer did everything, with
only a few questions. You can't beat that for making it easy for
newbies. Thanx once more to Sridhar for posting the info about Ximian.