LURKER here, I am using the Eudora Lite v5.1 within WinBlow$ and receive
multiple copies of first sent messages prior to any responses.  I find the
"DEL" key works great in my system and just ignore that prob.  To me that
is very insignificant compared to the benefits I am receiving from this list.

At 08:36 PM 9/13/01, you wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:37:23 -0700 (PDT), "Jesse C. Chang"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > civileme wrote:
> >
> > > All of us have to click the "reply all" button or else use something
> like
> > > KMail with filters to put this mail in a single folder and associate
> that
> > > folder with the list address in order to send to the newbie list without
> > > typing in "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  This means that whoever has an
>address
> > > in the header gets the message.
> >
> > Okay, I'd swear I've gotten multiple copies of messages that were not
> > replies to messages that had my email address in them too.
> >
> > Oh well.  I still ssh to a remote Unix shell account to check my email
> > with elm.  For me, just hitting r)eply works, unless the author added a
> >
> > Hmm, maybe I should start being lazy too, and just hit G)roup reply
> > instead of type a short alias for the list address.  And I'll stop
> > editing included-text too, since nobody else seems to care.  :/

As for the "editing included-text" that is really up to the individual,
but; to make a point without having to type in many words to bring the
point back into your message, EDITING would be the LAZY man's way of doing
it.  I do NOT use the "Cc" just the "Reply" button so it goes to the
[Newby] addy that sent the message to me.  If someone posts without joining
then they do NOT see the response, the expense to join is the best benefit
we have for ALL of the assistance we receive from such KNOWLEDGEABLE people.

> > Jesse
>
>You're right. I've been getting multiple messages like this as well. I
>find that
>the list mailfunctions a bit every few months, and gets fixed within a few
>days
>of the problem occurring. Just wait a little and it should hopefully stop.
>
>--
>Sridhar Dhanapalan.
>         "There are two major products that come from Berkeley:
>         LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
>                 -- Jeremy S. Anderson

MY $00.01.5 worth, thank you,

TIA,
'd'