        From:   Paul [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Saturday, September 15, 2001 4:25 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: [newbie] maximal mount count error

        >Thanks guys for the help, but I got another question on the topic.
The
        >kernel then told me to run e2fsck. How do I let it run e2fsck
automatically
        >during bootup when it detects maximal mount count?

        Better check again when you boot. When a message comes up like that,
it often
        means that there's a problem that the automated fsck can't fix.
        I am not sure if there's a way to do what you want. Better get that
e2fsck
        done soon!

        Paul

        --
        Bow before me, for I am root.

        http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
        Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.6.1
         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200