> installed LM, is it still safe to run diskmanager and defrag on the hdd?  If
> it is, will it do the entire drive or only the win partition?  Thanks.

Well, you've just defragged the Win partition, so there's no need to
defrag it again. The Windows defragger doesn't know about Linux, and
can't handle Linux partitions, and even if it could there is no need
to defrag ext2 and really no need at all to defrag reiserfs partitions,
as fragmentation is rare in the first case, and practically impossible
in the second.