On Monday 10 September 2001  3:35, Geof Steichen wrote:
> My SO5.2 printer options does not include "raw Postscript".  It only has
> "Generic Printer".  Is this what you recommend?
> I have an HP870Cxi defined to CUPS and "Generic Printer" using /usr/bin/xpp
> which works ok.  The test page prints very slowly (almost 2 minutes) on a
> printer rated at 4 color pages per minute.   The quality is fine but
> printing is very slow.
I loaded a different printer driver using spadmin.  I browsed to etc/cups/ppd
and found a driver that seemed to match my printer.  It seems to work.  I'm
testing it now, but I forgot to change the resolution from the default 180 x
180 (or whatever).  It's taking about 5 minutes to print the test page.  I
did this before, and after changing to a properly supported resolution (360
or 720) it is printing quickly and beautifully.

Try changing your resolution to something higher.  It might just work.

Linus