On Tuesday 11 September 2001 20:14, The Spider wrote:
> Also my cd writer was found during th)e installation and all the
> cd-writing software detect the device.
> I tried all speeds from 1x to 4x and all operations(writing,rewriting
> and blanking) with both media(cd-r and cd-rw) and i had thesame result:
> after some time (it can be a minute or less),the device st)ops operating
> and the system hangs (I can't switch consoles and have to do nothing
> but power off the computer).
>
> Given that all works fine under RH71 i think it can be a matter of
> the kernel(RH71 has 2.4.2 and LM8 has 2.4.3) or of hard-drake.
>

>       Ragno "The Spider" Stefano.

Actually it is a matter of a default eazel theme messing up the gtk the
burning programs use for their GUI.  Update at a security site mandrake_desk
and try again.  If you are getting the error only on cdrecord, then download
and install (do _NOT_ update) kernel-2.4.7-12.3mdk also from a security site.

Civileme