On Thursday 13 September 2001 19:32, Valerie Cheng wrote:
> Hi, I also want to get rid of the blue welcome bitmap. If you find a
> solution off-list, could you please tell me? Thanx.
>
> > Hi there.  I've been quietly testing 8.1 since the first beta.  This is
> > the first linux distro I've tried in many years of dabbling that I feel
> > is compelling enough to switch to (from Windows.)
> >
> > I'm having several minor problems and have many questions.  I thought I'd
> > start with something simple =):
> >
> > 1) When LILO loads, I want to have a simple prompt (boot:)  This used to
> > be possible with LILO but I can't figure-out what to modify let alone how
> > to midfy it to get rid of that colour menu.  I figured out how to get rid
> > of the text (by editing the message files), but how do I eliminate the
> > colour box menu?
> >
> > 2) I run 1024x768x16bpp at boot so I can see as many of the boot-time
> > messages on-screen as possible.  Unfortunatly, that lousy blue "welcome"
> > bitmap is in the way.  How do I get rid of it?

OK  Go to Mandrake Control Center and open Boot=>Boot Config
Uncheck Aurora to see the messages

Click "Configure" in the upper right corner and select "LILO with text menu"

Then you will be able to follow all the boot processes in text, and you won't
have to deal with the Welcom Bitmap that pops up with Graphical LILO or GRUB.

Civileme

Civileme