Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

> Just off the top-of-my-head, I can think of the entire Panama campaign and many
> smaller compaigns in Korea and Vietnam which did _not_ follow this format. Do
> you have any idea of what the civilian toll was in Korea and Vietnam? Don't
> think that they just got in the way by accident, many were killed by both sides
> either for "strategic" reasons or simply for the hell of it. Quite a few of
> these incidents have been well documented, and many Koreans have taken the US
> military to court (in the US) over issues such as this.
>
> What about places like Chile, where the US funded a bloody coup and then
> supported the establishment of a brutal dictatorship?
>
> It aint that simple. It almost never is. War is hell.

Just taking the Korean referral for an example here, and by all means correct
me if I'm wrong, but didn't ---> United Nation <--- forces enter the Korean
war because NORTH Korea attacked S. Korea? Were we not there, along with UN
forces, defending an innocent country?

Just like Kuwait...(although I don't think the UN was involved there).

--

                                                                 /\
                                                             Dark><Lord