-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Siavash Sefidvash
Sent: Monday, 17 September 2001 9:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Java Development kit

Hi, I have just started a Java course and visited the sun website in order
to download the development kit. I remember the last time I considered
learning java JDK 1.2 was in vogue. Now I notice they have SDK. Can anyone
explain the differences.?  From the learning point of view can I install SDK
while my course is going to be based on JDK?

I am currently using  Win 2000 platform but would like to progress to Linux
when I feel comfortable with it. What is the difference ( from the point of
view of the java toolkit ) in Java development on linux and/or windoz.

Regards
Siavash