One of the last reasons that I can't completely go 100% linux is that I must
VPN in to work from home, and I cannot for the life of me get VPN on linux
to work.  So I had this bright(?) idea - if I could run a telnet proxy and
start up the VPN client on my windows box then I should be able to telnet
from my linux box through the proxy onto work.

I have found Pro Gatekeeper (http://www.proxy-pro.com/), but it doesn' seem
to work when I telnet from linux through the proxy to work, but it works
great if I telnet from windows through the proxy to work.  I have written
Pro Gatekeeper's support about this issue, but I was wondering I anyone else
here has thought of this and has got a proxy service running on Windows that
is compatible with linux telnet?

If I could get this to work, I think I could finally dump my windows system
and relagate it to a "VPN server"....

thanks for your help...