I have Mandrake 8.0 installed on my computer.  I would like to intall
Boreland's Kylix.  I have read some of their documentation and it seems that
there is a patch for Mandrake 7.2 compilers available on the Borland
website.  Also - Kylix demands VERY specific versions of compilers &
dependencies.  All in all this seems to offer the potential for headaches
as, as I think I understood, simply to patch up files can compromise the
execution of other installed programs.  So this is why I would like to know:

Has anyone of you successfully installed Kylix on his box with Mandrake 8.0
and should I expect any problems if I start running Borland scripts and
patches?

Thanks

Andrei

Linux user 226850