I'm using both COM ports already and my board only has 1 ISA slot, and
I have a SBAwe 64 on it.

Ok, I'm willing to do the setserial and symlink combo thingies....
But PCI is the only thing I have left...really.
I have a 3Com winmodem and I hate it.
I've even tried the PCTel driver, in desperation...no luck.

I haven't tried USB externals, how do those work in MDK?

www.edsamail.com