Robert MacLean wrote:

> IMHO the problem isn't the virus it's windows admins.
> patches from M$ were available for months before all this started, but
> guess who is too lazy to download a patch and install it?
> i work for a hosting company so we have some client dedicated servers
> and they still haven't patched there servers. we email them, phone
> them and unplug there machine to get there attention and they promise
> to do it but never do. why?
> if you ask me it's cause windows makes you lazy, not enough text files
> to edit ;)

> Robert MacLean

IMHO, the root cause is the crappy Windows software, aided and abetted
by the windows admins. I've been wondering why ISP's and hosting
companies don't shut these sites down as being in violation of the TOS.
Maybe I'm missing something here (and I have to admit that I don't have
any experience in site administration), but with all of the publicity
that there has been about these worms over the past two months, it seems
to me that anyone who hasn't patched their system by now is either
grossly negligent, utterly incompetent or both. (The scary part is that
these same idiots are allowed to vote, drive and breed.)

Carroll