Have you tried to "save session" before exiting? Sometimes, (probably
not in this instance) it helps to specify if you are in GNOME or KDE.

ShalomOut
   Chal

Elder PCUSA
Registered Linux user #217118

The computer can't tell you the emotional story.  It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
- Frank Zappa