After a long time of being offline with my mandrake 7.2 I finally
reached the net. Before this I could talk to my box fine.

Now I can surf, telnet and ftp to my hearts delight,
but I cannot ping myself; through inet ip or 127.0.0.1 .
others can telnet me, I can telnet others - but not myself.

pinging localhost just hangs

pinging my inet comes up with the error
"sento: No buffer space available"

same with the telnet

I have trudged through most of what I know
(that isn't a lot really)
I've disabled the firewall - restarted - nothing   (its re-enabled atm)
reset eth0 - nothing
everything is fine in windows (that a change eh?)

anybody with any ideas ?

-Divinefire