On Friday 21 September 2001 05:38, you wrote:

After extensive experience with this card, I can report that it is possible
to get the card recognised by the system but I failed completely to get the
equipment plugged in to it to be recognised.

Eventually I gave up and spent thirty quid ($45) on an Advansys card which
was recognised immediately along with the tape drive plugged in to it.

If you want to give it a go then e-mail me and I will send some further
details.

regards

Daryl

> Hello,
>
> my Adaptec AHA 1510 SCSI adapter(ISA bus) is not being detected at install,
> so cannot install mandrake 8.0!!
>
> The Adaptec 1510 is not in the Hardware database, but a very similar model,
> Adaptec AHA 1520
> (also ISA bus) *is* in the database as "reported to be supported", but not
> as "tested by mandrake team".
> The install program gives a list of drivers and asks which of these should
> be used to detect the SCSI adapter. 3 of these are AHA, but none are the
> exact model. However I feel that one of these will probably work. After I
> try them though, it then asks for parameters, and I do not know what to
> type next.
> I have used windows device manager to find the I/O range and IRQ, but I am
> not sure in what form/syntax to pass these paramaters to the install
> program and/or kernel, or even if these are the paramaters it wants!
>
> Finally, I also read somewhere (actually, it was in the install guide) that
> if your ISA card is PnP then you may have to reset the card to non PnP
> using the floppy that came with it from the manufacturer. I have this
> floppy and may be able to do this, but am unsure how to do it, if it's
> really necessary, or really what I'm doing at all at this stage!
>
> What should my next step be??
>
> Thanks
>
> Wendy Langer

> "The average home computer user now has more processing power, storage and
> bandwidth than was available to the US Government scarcely a generation
> ago..."
>
> www.potlatch.net

Maryann's Law:
        You can always find what you're not looking for.