From: "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Newbie List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 2:20 AM
Subject: [newbie] Installing Samsung ML4500 printer on 7.1 - Not!

Hi list,

I've just bought a Samsung ML4500 printer to replace my windoze printer,
and I'm having great difficulty in installing the driver for it. I have
followed the instructions in the Readme file, and it appears that
something has happened but I'm not sure what.

Using kpackage, it's showing the new ghostscript has been installed in
/rpm/ but when I go to configure printer, it doesn't show up in the
list. When I go to use drakrpm, the new ghostscript doesn't show, in
fact the directory tree is completely different from that shown by
kpackage.

I presume i have missed some major part of the install procedure. Can
anyone help?

Thanks

Gordon

message.footer
8bit

yes, I folowed the instructions,but discovered that the  the shell script didn't work properly,. I managed to add the printer definition to the printerdb file and the printerdb.gdi file using copy and paste from the file on the cd,so that when I went to "configure printer" at least it was in the list, but the printer still won't print. How do i check that the driver hasbeen installed in the correct place?