I had the same problrm 2 days ago.. I solved.
you must add the windows users in the samab by typing smbadduser and create
user and password.. then when ever you click on the folder form the windows
machine enter the samba password (the one that you assigned to the
smbadduser)

to change the password type smbpassword..

pleas enote that you must be root to use smbadduser  ..
and went you typt smbpasswd it will change on the passowrd of the user user
logged on linux

regards
Roderick Scotto
Malta