Well, I don't know much about the Toshiba, but you could try to send your
mail in plain text, rather than html. A lot of GNU/Linux users are a bit
picky about things like that (not me , of course!)

Are you sure that the screen resolution isn't just set too small? You should
be able to adjust it to 1024x768 in the control,centre, I think.

David