On Tuesday 25 September 2001 10:49 am, gunner carstens escribió:
> Derek Jennings wrote:
> > Have you checked out www.gphoto.org
> > Gphoto is software to handle digital cameras in Linux. They have a
> > catalogue of 103 supported cameras.
> > Mine is not on the list.. Doh

> My Kodak DC240 is working very well with the gPhoto althouth I use
> the serial port. Both USB and serial connection is provided with this
> Kodak camera but I havent tried the USB yet, as the serial is
> functioning well.
> The GPhoto software is much better than that provided by Kodak (for
> macintosh).
> /gunner

  I did a quick Google and found a Linux database of USB cameras (ie,
work/don't work)   http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

    There's many Olympus models listed (for the original poster).
I have a Olympus 360 DL serial, which isn't in Gphoto's list Derek, but
still works fine with Gphoto by selecting a close model (500 DL IIRC).
Just like you gunner, my camera seems to work better with Gphoto, than
in Windoze with the software that came with the camera.
--
        Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA
Admiral Yamamoto:  "I fear that all we have done is to awaken a