On Wednesday 26 September 2001 05:54, Tim Holmes wrote:
> Do y'know how funny that Micro$HAFT made a program called Works....
> just like the rest of their products, it's horrible.  Microsoft
> Works.... makes just laugh doesn't it?

Actually the last DOS version (v3) was great - I ran a 4 -year research
programme with nothing more and I had half the process automated with
1-key macros. It's been crap ever since it was ported to Windows, though.

> Well on to why I'm emailing.  My girlfriend likes to write in M$ Works,
> and then later emails me some of the things for my proof reading.  Well
> what do I open these up in?  I tried to open them in Star Office, and

As I recall the Works wp format was really just a simplified MS-Word 6
file (ie pre-Word97). You could also see if it is listed on wotsit.org

Or get a new girlfriend. One who uses a proper program.
 ;-)
--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone
was the founder of civilisation.