On Saturday 29 September 2001 12:45, you wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> For those of you who are using 8.1 is it really an improvement over 8?
> The printing for Epson did not work in 8. Is that working with 8.1?
>
> I see that their is a nice offer from Linux Mandrake website for a 8.1
> 3CD set. The powerpack will have 7 CD's. It is expensive, I think, but
> if it is truly worth it I would probably wait and get it since I have
> not ever bought a powerpack before. Are the powerpack's truly better
> than just getting the 3CD set for example?
>
> I will appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Marcia

Hi, 8.1 looks like it is well worth the change over to me. Also I have
bought the 3cd sets and the last two times the Powerpack and I will take
the power pack any day.  Last go around the 5th CD had hundreds of extra
rpms that you would have to search all over rpmfind.net to get. I use the
ksetiwatch from that cd rather than doing a download of a tar.  This is my
very humble opinion.
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842