Hi All,
    Well, I spend 2 days off and on downloading 8.1, but I got it and it
installed almost flawlessly.  Except for a problem that has plagued me
since I bought my PC.  I have a BlasterPC from Empac, and it uses a
motherboard pretty much designed by Creative Labs.  My DVD drive that is
in my box (my CDRW is USB external) has the audio cable running through
the digital port instead of the analog due to the fact this board is
based off of having the SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Platinum integrated into
it.  When I try to play music CD's under Mandrake using CD Player, it
recognizes the CD drive and it recognizes the fact there is an audio cd
in the drive, but no matter how I set the mixers throughout KDE, I still
get no sound.  Any ideas on what I can do to make mandrake be able to
play digital audio, or do I have to hook up the analog cable as well.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

MH