On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:03:57 +0200, Søren Neigaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't know whether I should install Mandrake or Debian :) Do
> Mandrake have something like apt-get, to install packages, and upgrade
> the hole system?
>
> Come one, give me some buzzwords, why should I prefer mandrake?

Mandrake has not one, but _two_ apt-like tools.

urpmi is Mandrake's own app, designed to cater for newbies and to serve as a
backend for Mandrake's Software Manager.

rpm-get is essentially a port of apt-get to RPM. Consequently, it works in a
very similar manner. As of Mandrake 8.1, it is officially supported along with
urpmi. If you like apt-get, this is the Mandrake tool you'd be after.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important
        operating system, and possibly program, of all time."
        -- Bill Gates (from the Foreword to the OS/2 Programmers' Guide)