On Wednesday 03 October 2001 07:28 pm, Roger Sherman wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >    I do 'rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.10-1mdk.i586.rpm' in a term after
> > su'ing to root.  This installs the new kernel 'alongside' your
> > other kernel(s). A good precaution to take is to visit /boot and
> > /etc/lilo.conf to see that proper links and conf (lilo)
> > modifications were made.  In the case of this kernel (2.4.10-1mdk)
> > they were, but I ran 'lilo' anyhow just to make sure. Reboot and
> > choose the new kernel.... that easy ;)
>
> Thanks, Tom! Now, would I be able to try that with my 7.2
> installation, or would that be asking for trouble?

   I dunno. I upgraded an 8.1 install. You might need to ask yourself
some of the questions here
    http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/install/kupgrade.html

  My main reason is (o   You want to get that Unix feeling)  I'm an
upgradeaholic ;)
--
        Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA
Admiral Yamamoto:  "I fear that all we have done is to awaken a