In 8.0 I have an icon for zip drive on each desktop. When I click the
icon, I cannot access the zip drive, and I get an error message that
says "cannot mount - unrecognised device". If I right click on the icon
and choose the device (?) tab, there are two lines - the first says
"device: /mnt/zip", the second says "mount: /mnt/zip/". If I change the
"Device" line to read /dev/sda4 , ok out and click the icon, hey presto!
the zip drive is accessible.

However, when I come to boot the machine back up, (the next day say) the
"device" line has changed back to /mnt/zip and I have to go through the
whole process again! Why won't it save the settings?

Thanks

Gordon