I'm hoping this isn't too off-topic -- the software is
packaged with LM8.0.

I'm currently having trouble getting any decent
performance out of Broadcast 2000 on my T-bird box.
Particularly, I can't seem to get video capture to
work without dropping more frames than are captured.
I know my system (HD speed, proc, mem) are up to it as
I can do it in win.  I'd really like to get Bcast to
work as I don't feel like spending $200+ for a real
video editing program like Premiere (I'm currently
managing with a collection of freeware apps).

Here are my system specs:
Athlon T-Bird 1.113Ghz
256MB RAM
30GB HD (~8GB for Linux)
Asus GeForce2MX vid card
Hauppauge WinTV-GO PCI capture card (detected in LM8.0
at install -- Brooktree chipset)
Creative Labs Ensoniq PCI sound card (works fine)

I'm trying to capture at 640x480@30fps -- can do it in
win if my HD's defragged.

'Would appreciate any ideas.

Jeremy