On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:56:47 GMT, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's not just email and NG... I want something that has browser, email,
> > and NG intergrated together plus complete asian language support...
> > That's why Netscape is the best thing so far... but I might check out
> > Sylpheed, since people are saying good things about it.
> >
> > Valerie
>
> Sylpheed is really good. I use it and love it. It does mail and news pretty
> good (news still a bit rough around the edges but improving). And it does
> Asian languages without a problem. It should, it is written by someone
> from Japan :)
> You can download it from http://sylpheed.good-day.net
> The FAQ is at http://nlpagan.net/sylpheed-faq.html
> The manual is at http://nlpagan.net/sylman (for reading online or download).
>
> Sylpheed is by default set up to run netscape when you click a link to a
> website.
>
> Paul
>  (maintainer of the english FAQ and Manual for sylpheed ;-)

And a great manual it is, too :) I used it to get me going with Sylpheed, and
now I'm hooked on Claws.

Valerie, you may also want to try Evolution. It's nearing the 1.0 stage, and it
seems even better than OutLook/LookOut (and virus-free!).

Browsers and mailers often can be 'connected' to each other via their
preferences settings. For example, I have configured Galeon to open a Sylpheed
compose window whenever I click on a "mailto:"; link, and I have configured
Sylpheed to send web links in e-mails to Galeon.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

Did I mention my belief in the true meaning of "intelligence"?
  "Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet get the work done".
Lazy programmers are the best programmers. Think Tom Sawyer painting the fence.
That's intelligence.
Requiring almost no effort is a big plus in my book.
It's the "clever" programmer I'm afraid of. The one who isn't afraid of
generating complexity, because he has a Plan (capital "P"), and he knows he can
work out the details later.
 -- Linus Torvalds