I have trouble running my work PC for more than 12 hours without a reboot.

Using system guard I can see that over time the memory for the X server just
grows and grows until all RAM and Swap space are gone followed by a total
lockup as the OS has no room to think.

Disabling "Multiple Wallpapers" for the desktop it buys me a few extra hours.

Leaving my PC logged in overnight to share my VMWare'd NT4 box guarantees a
crash before midnight.

Staying logged in without VMWare on means a crash sometime before I get to
work in the morning.

Logging out completely overnight means I'll have a crash sometime around noon
the following day.

Even as I write this email my X Server has doubled its memory usage.

I don't have this problem at home, both PCs are running LM8.1 final release
with Textstar object-prelinked KDE 2.2.1.  The biggest difference between the
two is my home PC runs on an ATI Radeon and the work PC is using a Matrox
G450.

Who's got suggestions on how to track down what is bloating X?

Richie