So, now I am beginning to feel stupid again. I have been able to get
everything working, with some help from the list, but the usb connection.
Actually I know I'm not stupid but the configuration is so screwed up and the
documentation on it so poor, as usual, that I get nothing but seg faults or
device busy messages.  So, if it is this difficult for someone who has been
using linux for nearly 2 years, what must a true newbie feel like they are up
against?  Anyway, still looking for help in getting this thing working in usb
mode.  Kodak DC3400  in LM8.1 on usb connection.  The camera works fine on
serial port but that is slow and I have to use battery power for d/l ing the
images.  All suggestions welcome, but please put in the details even if the
camera you use is different than mine, it might help me see where I am
messing up.  Thanks,
--
Dennis M. registered Linux user #180842