What did you use to partition your drive? When you installed Mandrake did you
repartition from scratch or did you resize existing partitions? If the latter,
then I believe that the partitions were not resized correctly.

My guess would be that you can't fix this problem without repartitioning your
drive.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers"
                -- Thomas J. Watson, Chaiman of IBM, 1943.