On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:43:31 -0700, "John Hokanson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> 1. Am I to understand that KDE 2.1.1 is simply slow? Just out of
> curiosity I fired up GNOME 1.4, and it ran MUCH faster. I've heard
> that KDE 2.2.1 fixes a lot of the slowness of 2.1.1. Is this true?

KDE 2.2.1 is a bugfix release for KDE 2.2, and it is a little faster than 2.2. I
would say it is about on par with 2.1.1 in terms of speed.

I mostly use GNOME, which I have found to be significantly faster than KDE. I
have heard others say the exact opposite, so I guess it depends on your system.

> 2. RPMDrake seems jacked to me. I'm trying to remove Netscape 4.x from
> my system and it won't budge. It just stils there saying it's
> preparing to remove the selected components and I have to kill
> RPMDrake. I am using Mandrake 8.0 BTW. Is there a workaround for this?

Run "rpm --rebuilddb" in a root terminal.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                Without C, We would only have Pasal, Basi, and obol.