On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 01:23:37 -0200 (BRST), "Ricardo Castanho de O. Freitas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I'm quite new to Mrandrake8.1 and I have installed KDE and GNOME,
> among others.
>
> How can I shift from KDE to GNOME, for example?
> When I type 'startx' I go straight to KDE!
>
> []s Ricardo Castanho

Type 'startx gnome'. If you want to load GNOME by default when you run 'startx',
open your ~/.Xclients-default file in an editor and change "exec startkde" to
"exec gnome-session".

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I don't actually follow other operating systems much. I don't compete - I just
worry about making Linux better than itself, not others." -- Linus Torvalds