On Wednesday 24 October 2001 06:31 pm, you wrote:

> > > I'm not at my linux box right now, but I do know kmail has this
> > > feature. It's in one of the menus when writing an email.
> >
> > MENU > File > Insert File
>
> Actually attach > append signature is a bit better. Although insert file
> would do it too.

Attach > Append Signature works precisely as advertised: it appends the
signature all the way at the bottom of the mail. There are times when I want
to top-reply and have the signature appear at the end of MY comments, but way
above the end of the message body.

Message > Insert File would work except that for one of my "identities", my
sig is a little Perl script that shells out to fortune -s. It's not actually
a file at all. Okay, I could set that script up as a cron job and redirect
its output into a file and include THAT, but what I WANT is a mixture of the
two functions. What I'd really like is an "Insert Signature" function.

What language is Kmail in? C++? I don't know C++, but I know people who do.
This is the beauty of Open Source, after all; I could get myself a copy with
that function hacked into it..

--
Dan Ray
Director Custom Applications