Hi. I installed Mandrake 8.1 from ISO images a week ago. Everything's
been a breeze until today: the Software Manager has started jamming
whenever I try to install something with it.

I wanted to install the telnet server stuff. I fired up the Software Manager,
dug out telnet-server-krb5, checkboxed it and hit install. The program
informed that I also need Xinetd - OK, fine. I moved on.

The program requested I insert the first installation CD, which I did.
It didn't read anything, spat out the disc and told me to insert the
second CD instead. I did as told, waited two minutes - nada. I went for
a cup of coffee, came back after fifteen minutes, still nothing. The
install simply never started.

I repeated this thrice. I tried installing some other package. Nothing
worked. Everything was fine last tuesday when I last used the Manager.

I'd appreciate any help.

+Cinquo