-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jennifer
Sent: 28 October 2001 16:23
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Sound Config / ESD Errors

hello,

I have been unable to get my systems sounds working and am also unable to
run
sndconfig. Sndconfig reports that my sounds card is not supported at this
time althought i do have the drivers installed. (Aureal Vortex 2)

I aso get the following error about ESD. i'm not sure what ESD is or what
the
error message is really saying to me. I can play CDS, but I cannot hear
system sounds.

esd: Failed to fix mode of /tmp/.esd to 1777.
Try -trust to force esd to start.
esd: Esound sound daemon unable to create unix domain socket:
/tmp/.esd/socket
The socket is not accessible by esd.
--
 11:16am  up 12 days, 14:57,  2 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.19, 0.20