> cheap and work with Linux? I also need to know what is the best software
> (run on Linux) for tape (or other kind) backup.

4mm DAT/SCSI works nicely. What you may spend over some of the other
offerings (travan et al) you save when it comes to buying cartridges. I'm
using an HP Surestore which is good, and has worked well despite the low
(comparatively) capacity per volume (2 gigs).

BTW, please refrain from posting in HTML.