-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Sridhar Dhanapalan
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2001 10:18 PM
To: Emanuele Menegatti; Mandrake Newbie List
Subject: Re: [newbie] Best Distribution for..?

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:06:12 +0100, Emanuele Menegatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:48:31 +0100, Emanuele Menegatti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:> Dear all,
> > >
> > > I have an "OldWorld" MAC: a Gray G3 with 64MB of RAM and a 266MHz CPU.
> >
> > What do you mean by "too heavy"? One of the greatest things about
GNU/Linux
> > is its configurability. For example, if KDE is too heavy, you should try
> > something else, like GNOME, XFce, Enlightenment, IceWM, WindowMaker or
> > Blackbox. GNOME can be quite fast if you turn of Nautilus, and it is
even
> > more configurable than KDE.
> >
> > --
> > Sridhar Dhanapalan
>
> Thaks a lot for your suggestions...
>
> Which one of the WM you cited is the lighest?
>
> Cheers,
> Emanuele

The lightest and fastest would be Blackbox. Since it's the lightest, it's
quite
bare-bones in functionality. GNOME and XFce are desktop environments, and so
are
a little heavier, but faster than KDE (I personally use GNOME, and I love
its
power and flexibility). The others are somewhere in between. I suggest that
you
try them all and make up your own mind.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan