30Oct01 1617hrs Ct

Hello
        My ATX Plll 600, with a Asus CUBX MB has a Crystal isa sound
card and a Zoom PCI Modem. Both of these worked in MDK 7.2

        With the PNP turned off in the bios, W98 detects sound on IRQ5
and the modem on IRQ4...in this configuration the hardware functions
nicely.
        In MDK8 both are assigned IRQ4...in conflict.    How can I
convince Linux to use IRQ5 for the sound card?   I need some command
similar to "setserial" that will assign IRQ's?      "setirq" 8-).

Is there a way to change this? or should I sell the PC and buy a
gameboy?8-)

thanks for any suggestions
--
Olly P     RV Char 257