Two possibilities.  Usually if something works as
root, but not a user, then it's a permissions problem.
 However, another thought - mixer and volume settings
are set for each user (root is a user too!), so you
might find that it's simply that the sound IS working,
but just defaulted too low for your user.

HTH,
Ron.

--- ZekeVarg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi I just made a fresh install of Mandrake 8.1 and
> everything went fine
> exept for logging in as a user the sound doesn't
> work (gnome), it works
> logged in as root.
> Zeke
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from