Are you trying to connect from a windows PC to a linux samba server?

If you are, you must make sure that either your windows username is mapped
to your unix username in /etc/smbusers (or possibly /etc/samba/smbusers,
depending on which version of samba / Mandrake you are using on the server)
or a valid unix username.  The password is then the same as the one for
your unix user account (which, if you want to make things easier, should be
the same as your windows user password).

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Registered Linux User #81978