>My motherboard has the built in Promise ATA100 interface and i can't
>find the source that i need for my version of Mandrake (7.1 aka Linux

I doubt that mandrake 7.1 supports it. Never heard that happen. It works fine
on mdk8.0 as I am using it right now.

>for Windows) to recognize it. I also need the proper source for my sound
>card.

Is it an on-board sound chip? If so, what chipset or soundcard is it based on?
Paul

--
It is better to have loved and lost,
then never to have loved at all

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.6.3 claws
Open Source, Open Minds. Linux.