>New to this list again..
>I am not sure if this has been covered yet, I scanned thru the archives, but
>didn't find anything for my searches.
>
>I have a (well one of 4 systems) Cyrix 233, 5GB, 128 DIMM, 8MB SIS video,
>supported sound/NIC.
>
>I have tried to run setup of L.M. 8.1, and keep getting the SAME error when
>looking for install packages.....MISSING BASESYSTEM PACKAGE, this has occured
>with 3 different ISO burns, in both INSTALL, and UPGRADE modes, also on a
>freshly formated HD.  I know the hardware works, since L.M. 7.01 is running
>on it now.   Please point me to the existing email's or give me suggestions
>that will put LM 8.1 on my machine.

Have you checked the md5sum on the downloaded packages? If there is a problem
in there, you have to download new ones.
Paul

--
It is better to have loved and lost,
then never to have loved at all

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.6.3 claws
Open Source, Open Minds. Linux.