At 03:50 PM 11/03/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>When I try c++ or g++ I get message: command not found. :-(

You most likely don't have the c++ add-in for gcc and / or the standard c++
libraries installed.

You may want to verify that you have:

[mviron@wsdodev mviron]$ rpm -qa | grep c++
libstdc++2.10-devel-2.96-0.62mdk
libsigc++1.0-1.0.3-2mdk
libstdc++2.10-2.96-0.62mdk
gcc-c++-2.96-0.62mdk
[mviron@wsdodev mviron]$

the above packages installed.  Of course, depending on what you are trying
to compile, you may need to install additional packages.  The error will
then tell you what additional libraries and / or headers you'll require, do
a search on rpmfind.net on the name of the library or header, and it will
tell you which package you'll probably be able to find it in.  Try to avoid
using non-Mandrake specific packages (the rpm names for mandrake packages
usually end in mdk.i586.rpm, as opposed to the other rpm-based distributions).

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Registered Linux User #81978