Hi all,

Although being a sole Linux user about a year ago now I had to move back to
windoze for work reasons and how quickly we forget.  Anyway back now how it
has all improved WOW!!!

I have a small problem though.  I installed last week Mandrake 7.1 and
upgraded to 8.0 with a free disk on Linux Format magazine I had knocking
around.  However when I want to install any tar.gz file I get problems when
doing a make.

As an example I am trying to install KOffice 1.1 but when doing a make I get
that it cannot find the command g++.  I did a whereis and found that G++ is
installed and the executable is in /usr/bin so why can it not find it?

I have had this problem also with other programs I try to install some say it
is with cc others with gcc yet they all reside in /usr/bin.

Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks and it's nice to be back.
--
Andrew Scotchmer