> I like the ogg vorbis media format but is there a way to convert the ogg
> files to a format read by a normal cd player(car stereo)?

Well, you have to decompress the .ogg back to .wav format first, then burn
the .wav's to CD, unless of course your car stereo can read .mp3s or
.oggs. I don't know of any commercially-available players (ie stand-alone
oens) that recognize .ogg, and from your post, it seems it's a regular
CD player in your car.

If your xmms is built to recognize and play oggs, then you could use the
diskwriter option to decompress the ogg back to .wav.