Hi all,

I am having a small problem,

recently I installed 8.1 on a box, and installed 2.4.12-5 kernel.. all went
well.

So anyway, I started by using msec to increase security to high.,.. and
started opening all the stuff that I needed.

then I added amavis and started setting it up as a server..

then I thought I should restart it,, when I did, I get the login screen,
(console not x) and when I try to log in,

it tells me who the last login was (me) but won't go to a prompt.

so I booted rescue, and changed msec to 3 and then 2, both to no avail.

I can't log in,, I also changed all the passwords and tried to log in again,
no difference..

I am abit lost here, anyone have any suggestions..
neither root or my user account will login ... which suggests its not a
password issue..

any help would be much appreciated.

rgds

Frank