On Thursday 08 November 2001 11:58, Michel Clasquin wrote:
> On Thursday 08 November 2001 20:25, you wrote:
> > I was trying to remove the version of Mozilla (0.8) that was included
> > with LM 8.0 so I could "clean install" 0.9.5 instead. When I went into
> > RPMDrake and typed in Mozilla and hit Remove, it came back with a whole
> > list of other packages that it wanted to remove also, because of
> > "dependencies." Among these were things like gnucash and nautilus and
> > about a dozen others that I don't want to remove. Is there an answer for
> > this? Should I just delete the Mozilla directory instead of using the
> > software manager? Thanks for any assistance.
>
> fire up a terminal
> su to root
> rpm --test -e --nodeps mozilla
>
> If no anguished error messages arrive, repeat without the --test

Thanks Michel I did that, at first it said it couldn't remove the
/usr/lib/mozilla directories since they weren't empty, but I went in later
and deleted them anyway. Now I've finished installing 0.9.5. Thanks again.

Bryce Hardy (Santa Rosa, CA)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--->>>"Arbeit Macht Nicht So Frei!"<<<---