On Thu, 2001-11-08 at 21:09, Harry Ablejoy wrote:
> Hi need a little help. Installed star office 6.0 but not anywhere on my
> desktop kde . I can't make it work at all any help please

Harry,

If you did a default install of StarOffice 6.0, then it is installed
into /usr/local/staroffice6.0/. From this directory, you can go to the
program subdirectory, and run soffice to launch Star Office.

If you did a network install (using the /net switch when running the
installer), then go to the same program subdirectory, and run setup.
This will allow you to install a minimal configuration (about 1.4 MB)
into your home directory, with a staroffice6.0 directory created, and
you can then launch soffice from there.

Hope this helps,
Dave
--
"When anyone says `theoretically,' they really mean `not really.'"
 -- David Parnas