Edit /etc/fstab and remove the lines that relate to the removed hard disk.

ie:

primary master= hda
primary slave=  hdb

secondary master = hdc
secondary slave  = hdd

if you have necessary directories like /var or /usr etc on that drive, then
you have to move them..

so copy the directories onto one of your partitions on you other drive, and
edit fstab to reflect the
new location.

I just removed a harddrive from my box, it had 3, I removed the middle one,
and all I had to do, was
edit fstab and change all lines saying hdc to hdb, then I shutdown and moved
the hdc drive from secondary
master to primary slave.. and rebooted, it all worked perfectly.

rgds

Frank